Product Manager Software Job Description
How do I write a Software Product Manager Job Description? Download this Product Manager Software Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Product Manager job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Software Product Manager job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Software Product Manager?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Move company to software systems business model from hardware.
- Identify opportunities, build product vision and understand market needs, roadmap and strategy.
- Work with technology team to produce world-class products driven by technology visionaries, domain experts, and customers.
- Own product specifications, requirements, and release plans.
- Research customer and user needs, write user stories, partner with user experience team for rapid prototyping, and work with engineering department to develop marketable products.
- Participate in user conferences and customer facing situations as a product expert.
- Collect and synthesize inputs from engineering, sales, business units, vertical marketing group and the market to lead business and products direction.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure quality product output, timeliness, and market requirements.
- Be the Company’s Product Evangelist.
- Analyze growth rate, SAM, TAM, SWOT, market penetration and competitive analysis for the products.
- Maintain changes in tactics and marketing strategy, take cognizance of competitive activities and general trends that could affect sales of products.
- Propose product strategy changes as a result of competitive changes in the marketplace.
- Optimize and manage market share, long-term competitiveness cum ROI of the product line.
- Monitor product profit margins.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software product management.
- Experience with the methodology of software development.
- Pragmatic Marketing certified is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, Lotus Notes etc.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to represent products at a professional level.
- High integrity.
- Solid work ethic.
- Ability to work independently.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Software Product Manager job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Software Product Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Estelle Rangel - USA
Keep on the good work.
Dorotha Diaz - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job