PMO Analyst Job Description
What is a Project Management Analyst? Download this PMO Analyst Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Project Management Office (PMO) Analyst job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is a Project Management Analyst?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a PMO job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a PMO Analyst?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Planning and implementing project management strategies, based on templates and toolsets.
- Ensuring project parameters meet clients agreed-upon needs and expectations.
- Monitoring existing projects to ensure timely execution and completion.
- Gathering and analyzing project data to identify its weaknesses and resolve any time-related or budgetary snags.
- Liaising with project team members and providing suggestions or solutions to unforeseen issues when needed.
- Preparing project status reports for management review.
- Communicating with clients about the status and progress of their projects.
- Ensuring all project strategies are in compliance with company standards, as well as federal laws and regulations when applicable.
- A Bachelor's degree in project management, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 3 year's experience as a PMO analyst, project manager, or a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of project management strategies, processes, and tools.
- Knowledge of PrinceII and Agile.
- Ability to analyze a range of complex data and make decisions based on analytical findings.
- Great computer skills and knowledge of PMO software tools, such as Scoro, ProofHub, and Basecamp.
- Strong program coordination and administration abilities.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Project Management job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This PMO Analyst Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at this Project Manager job description, or many of our other job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Duane Farley(1/3/2022) - NZL
Calandra Bishop(12/15/2021) - NZL
I have always problems starting from scratch,this file helps me a lot
Synthia Meyer(12/15/2021) - DEU
Very nice PMO job description
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description