Data Protection Officer Job Description
What are the duties of a data protection officer? Check out and download this GDPR Data Protection Officer Job Description for your convenience.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.03 MB)
DPO's wanted! Currently, many organizations are recruiting Data Protection Officer or DPO's. They are managing the usage and processing or personal data. Documenting your information processing activities is an important characteristic for good data governance, and therefore this will help you to demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR.
What are the duties of a data protection officer?
The objective of this Job description template is to find a Data Protection Officer (DPO) by posting it to online job boards and careers pages to attract and hire qualified candidates. By appointing a DPO, you can ensure you are working towards compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The following are key responsibilities for DPO's:
- Act as point of contact with EU residents, supervisory authorities and internal teams;
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities;
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs);
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels;
- Maintain records of processing operations;
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases);
- Liaise with other organization's that process data on our behalf;
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies;
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations;
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches;
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees;
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Experience in data protection and legal compliance;
- Work experience in data protection and legal compliance is a plus;
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws;
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable;
- Familiarity with computer security systems;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliance’s;
- Organizational skills with attention to detail;
- BSc in Law or relevant field.
Does GDPR require a data protection officer? Yes, there are requirements for organizations that are processing personal data of EU citizens to appoint a DPO. This document helps you in your search of a suitable DPO, that helps the company to become compliant, or stay compliant, with the new GDPR Policy directive. You can modify this document template to meet the needs of your organization, and save or print it as required. This procedure is intended to be used when putting in place a new Data Protection Policy. It may also be used when validating whether existing arrangements meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Download this Data Protection Officer Job Description helps you recruiting a DPO for your organization, in order to comply with GDPR personal data directive. For more GDPR Compliance Templates, check out this GDPR Document Kit or check out this of mandatory documents required by the GDPR.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Great Job description of DPO for our GDPR compliance project.
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description