An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a School Nurse job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a School Nurse?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
- Assessing the status of student and staff immunization documentation, when necessary.
- Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services, such as immunizations.
- Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
- Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
- Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
- Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
- Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
- Completing medical paperwork, when necessary.
- Attending various school meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or another health-related field.
- Successful completion of the national exam for registered nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Certification through the National Board for Certification of School Nurses (NBCSN).
- Member of the National Association of School Nurses (NASN).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this School Nurse job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This School Nurse Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Gaylord Bender - DEU
***** happy and grateful.
Carmelo Raymond - AUS
Very good file to have, I saved it and bookmarked your website :p
Tish Bell - NZL
I am happily surprised with the document, thank you.