Professional Driver Job Description
What is the job description of a driver? Download this professional Chauffeur Driver Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is the job description of a driver?
This Chauffeur Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a professional driver?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip.
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
- Collect payments and issue receipts.
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage.
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed.
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest.
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders.
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues.
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car.
- Proven experience as a Driver.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A clean driving record.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50).
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage.
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts.
- A polite and professional disposition.
- A high school diploma.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Professional Driver job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This professional Chauffeur or Driver Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kerstin Stewart - GBR
Mari Underwood - NZL
Useful file Bizzlibrary!
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.