Healthcare Project Manager Job Description
How do you write a Healthcare Project Manager job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective healthcare professional Project Manager (PM) job description is essential when recruiting new staff for the hospital or clinic, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample healthcare job description template, you do not need to start from scratch when you want to write a job listing which will give you a head start.
How to write a Healthcare Project Manager job description?
A Healthcare Project Manager oversees and coordinates a variety of projects within the healthcare organization. Their duties are to identify issues and offer solutions, manage teams and train members, report to management and other healthcare professionals, and ensure that projects stay within schedule and on budget. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
Common Healthcare PM Responsibilities:
- Assists with management of all aspects of assigned projects throughout the development project lifecycle including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
- Assists the Project Manager with tracking the project budget (estimate vs. actual).
- Assists in updating EPPM tools (e.g., adding resources, time entry, etc.).
- Provides maintenance of all project artifacts in SharePoint.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion. Validates estimation with team.
- Revises project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements as directed.
- Prepares and submits project status reports to management.
- Schedules and conducts project meetings to include logistics, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project status update meetings.
- Develops process workflows as it relates to assigned projects and/or to support internal process improvement initiatives, with appropriate guidance.
- Interfaces, when appropriate, with all areas affected by the project to include internal subject matter experts, external corporate departments, and Health Plans, including Vendor Management and Business User Management.
- 3+ years of Project Coordinator experience (Prince2).
- Executive Presence.
- Self-starter demeanor.
- Healthcare Experience.
By using this Healthcare Project Manager job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Healthcare Project Manager job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Roxann Beasley - AUS
Jacinta Levy - AUS
Thx for this file
Tobie Bowen - DEU
amazing that you have exactly the document that I need
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description