Planning Intern Job Description
What does a Planning Intern do? What skills do you need to be a Planner? Download this Planning Intern Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling planning job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional planner job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What does a Planning Intern do?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Planning Intern?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Provide technical support to planning staff by conducting research and preparing maps and graphics.
- Assist planners with flood control program by determining the flood status of Simi Valley homes.
- Prepare agendas and reports for review boards and meetings; provide required information for specific meetings; assist in the preparation and review of meeting minutes.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; research information and assist higher level planning staff with inquiries pertaining to current or comprehensive planning.
- Research, collect, compile, record and summarize technical data; assist higher level planning staff assemble documentation for projects and presentations.
- Assist higher level staff in the implementation of the geographic information system (GIS) by performing research, data entry and site inspections.
- Assist in the enhancement of the department’s record keeping system by organizing and computerizing files.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned.
- May be required to use personal vehicle for assigned duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Basic principles and concepts of urban planning.
- Basic report writing, research methods and data compilation.
- Principles of record keeping.
- Modern office methods, practices, procedures and computer equipment.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Planning Intern job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Planning Intern Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Otilia Barber - NZL
I didn't know how to start, now I'm already finished
Cammie Gates - GBR
Thanks for providing this document
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description