A farewell speech is a speech made by some individual who intends to leave someplace or position from a company or from an educational institute. Such speeches are usually made by politicians or office workers when they pass their seats on to the preceding person. Farewell speeches considered sad and sometimes these also deliver the reason for a person to leave a certain place. Farewell speeches are also referred to as retirement speeches where a person announces his decision to leave his position and workplace for a better future. Have a look at what you can say in a graduation farewell speech.
What do you say in a Graduation farewell speech?
Although there are no specific guidelines or rules for a farewell speech when you make a goodbye to their colleagues and friends. We are providing you ideas that might be interesting for you to include in a farewell speech.
- Welcome the guests for their arrival
- Welcome any special guests and acknowledge them for taking their time out of their busy routine
- Start the speech by stating the purpose. Here you can state that you are here to say goodbye
- Make sure it does not get the audience sad.
- To avoid the intense situation, associate one or two fun stories of your life related to the work
- Pay your gratitude and say thanks to the individuals which were close to you at the workplace
- Say thanks to the whole community for their valuable unity and effort to the workplace a bearable place
- Keep the farewell speech short and do not make the environment sad.
- Stay honest and original with your intentions
- Wish good luck to the person who will replace your seat
- Wish good luck to the whole organization
- Say goodbye in the humblest manner
These are some steps that you must follow when making a farewell speech. It is advised to make your goodbye speech a little fun and original. The tone should be sweet and light. Avoid the unnecessary stories and details that might bore the audience.
Sample Graduation farewell speech:
To help you out and save you some time, we have attached here a Graduation farewell speech for your help and ease. Check out some lines below:
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am _______________, an International Business student from _______. As nervous as I am standing here today I am also proud to be sharing my experiences with you all. First of all, I would like to congratulate all of the students here including myself for finally graduating.
Every end has a new beginning. Today might be the last day for some of us as students of business school, but I believe our learning will actually start from today. When I left home, 3 years back I wasn't sure what I will get in return. I was excited but at the same time, a little scared of the new reality. Finland was the first country, outside_______, that I would be living on my own. I was prepared to learn, explore, make new friends and get to know myself as an individual self. Before Finland, there was always someone to guide me, my teachers in schools, my elders, and my mom. But here I was starting a journey where I set the rules and guided myself. It had finally occurred to me that I had to leave my comfort zone and live a new reality. But today as I stand here, I am proud to say that I had made the right decision to come to _____________.
Download this Graduation farewell speech from our website. Share it with the friends in need. There are multiple farewell speeches uploaded to our website. So, if you do not see this speech fitting your needs then you can check the other content which might be helpful for you.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Linette Hutchinson - NZL
Mina Yu - GBR
Finaly a website where I do not need a subscription!
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?
- How write and setup a contract?