Roommate Agreement Template
What are good rules for roommates and how to set boundaries? Download this sample Roommate Agreement template now for your convenience when you have a new roommate.
.docx (0.04 MB)
A Roommate Agreement is a verbal or written contract between two or more parties (roommates) and the landlord and the new roommate. that covers a period of rental usually long term which is more than 12 months. This rental agreement is a legal contract that includes the agreed rent of house or property, the agreed term, and conditions to use that property, and all the concerning terms.
What are good rules for roommates?
Since living together is not always easy, especially in small rooms with many young people in the house, making a roommate agreement can be a useful activity. Even if it's not in writing, it's important to discuss the following topics amongst each other:
- Utility Name on Bill Payment Method (circle one)
- Electricity, Water, Gas, Heat, Garbage, Internet, Phone, Cable, Other: Even Split Rotating Specific Roommate(s),
- Parking: The Roommates are entitled to park their vehicles on the Premises per the following instructions: Roommate Make and Color of Vehicle Parking Spot Location Each Roommate is responsible for any damage to the Premises caused by him or her including his or her guests.
- Internet Cable/Satellite
- TV Trash
- Pickup Moving Out
- Privacy/Guests/Overnight Guests
- Sharing of Personal Items
- Noise/Study Times & Space
- Smoking, Drinking, Drugs
- Landlord Information: You need to provide information on the landlord of the property. You should mention the landlord's name and complete address. If there are multiple landlords, you need to mention them all.
- Tenant Information: At the very least, you need to list all potential tenants of your property by name. You may also want to include the tenant's current address.
- Premises Information: In your rental agreement, you need to provide basic information about the premises that you are renting. The basic information is the type of property(House, Apartment, Condominium, Basement, Room, or Mobile Home) as well as the address of the property. You may also wish to provide additional information about the property including storage areas and the number of bedrooms or bathrooms. This is optional and not required.
- Premises Guidelines: This is the most important part of any rental agreement. You need to make sure you are covered in writing when it comes to agreements with your tenants over the property.
If you are looking to download a Roommate Agreement Template, you can use this one and easily customize it to suit your needs. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters and files on Bizzlibrary.com.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Petronila Mathews - GBR
THANKS, it's very useful!
Clarence Zamora - GBR
Nyla Irwin - USA
Great document, thank you…
Great roommate agreement
Lilly Michael - USA
Tianna Mills - USA
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.