Dermatology Medical Assistant Job Description
How do you write a Dermatology Medical Assistant job description that stand out? Download this Dermatology Medical Assistant job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
How do you write a job description for a Dermatology Medical Assistant?
Responsible for assisting providers with patient care by controlling patient flow, obtaining and documenting history and vital signs, performing assigned procedures, and providing patient education. Accompanies provider is room and documents clinical note, laboratory results, prescription refills, procedures, billing information and any other documentation as directed by the provider.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Dermatology Medical Assistant do?
- Accompany provider in room during patient visit.
- Scribe document in Greenway to include: history of present illness, review of systems, physical exam findings, diagnostic assessment and plan of care.
- Refill any patient prescriptions as directed by the provider.
- Enter orders for procedures or labs, as directed by the provider.
- Enter billing information as determined by the type of office visit.
- Assist with procedures, as directed by provider.
- Treat all information and data utilized in the scope of the scribe position with complete
- confidentiality and security in compliance with governing HIPAA regulations.
- Provides general care to patients and administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Maintain exam rooms with necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares
- equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Educates patient / family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greet patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate
- information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Schedule follow-up appointments/procedures, as indicated by the provider.
- Communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Responsible for reporting improperly operating medical equipment and instruments to supervisor.
- Responsible for following OSHA regulations.
- Regularly interacts with physicians and other departments in order to identify and resolve problems.
- Maintains patient, employee and clinic confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Vocational training in a relevant area preferred.
- CPR certification required within six months of hire.
- Initial entry level trainee period mandatory (3-6 months) for candidate with no experience.
- Experience providing or assisting in direct patient care preferred.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.
This Dermatology Medical Assistant Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Kaci Colon - DEU
I'm very busy, and this template really helped a lot.
Lekisha Bridges - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
GDPR Information Asset Register (IAR) Spreadsheet
Project Management Risk Register
Special Resolution Sole Shareholder to prepare a business review for financial years
Grant Proposal Template
Sales commission agreement template
Supplier Data Processing Agreement
Drop Shipping Agreement