TIG Welding Job Description
What is a TIG Welder job description? This Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding job description is made for someone capable to fuse metal parts together through TIG
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling welding job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is a TIG Welder job description?
This Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding job description is made for someone capable to fuse metal parts together through TIG welding. This job description is ready-made and offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a TIG Welder?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Proven experience as welder.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.).
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.).
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Proficient in English.
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required.
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this TIG Welder job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This TIG Welder Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Debby Henson(12/21/2021) - GBR
Crystle Rogers(12/21/2021) - USA
actually this file is really what I was looking for
Joi Velazquez(12/21/2021) - NZL
I'm very busy, and this template really helped a lot.
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description