Production Designers Job Description
How do I write a Production Designers Job Description? Download this Production Designers Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling production design job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Production Designers job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Production Designers?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Creative Vision.
- Estimating Physical/Functional Feasibility.
- Successful Integration with other trades.
- Guiding Budget & Schedule Feasibility - Managed by Show Producer and Project Management.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all Show Elements in the Element drawing reviews, fabrication reviews and installation approvals.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the Element list.
- During early development, the Show PD is responsible for identifying and developing code and safety requirements for Show Elements. This is accomplished with the assistance of other team and project partners in various fields of expertise. This is done in conjunction with the Show TD.
- The Show PD is responsible for informing and developing the RFP and work breakdown in conjunction with other Project Partners for Show Elements. Design and other members of the team contribute to its development, but the Show PD is responsible for delivering the finished RFP to Show Management.
- For Show Elements, the PD is responsible for developing, updating and executing fabrication and installation strategies that respect the facility constraints, construction order of operations, and critical path strategies as defined with Project Management, in support of the Creative Vision.
- Coordinates with all Team disciplines and Partners to achieve the responsibilities listed above.
- The Show PD is responsible for leading the internal Material compliance discussions and participating in the internal Engineering compliance discussions with the Technical Director.
- Coordinates with all project personnel, departments, and disciplines through the ideation, concept and fabrication phases. Responsible for designing construct-able projects to stay on track with creative intent, schedule, and stay within budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Theatre, Fine Arts or a related field experience required.
- Must have 5+ years in immersive art, theater, or themed entertainment production and installation.
- Must have strong technical ability in various design techniques/tools such as show set design and drafting, 3D modeling and architectural design.
- Must have experience in all phases of a project, from Design, through Fabrication and on-site Installation.
- Must have fabrication experience, or have experience reviewing and overseeing vendor fabrication efforts with a wide array of materials and processes.
- Must be familiar with Office or GSuite applications to support project development.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Production Designers job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Production Designers Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Emilie Castillo - USA
Theola Webb - GBR
Thank you for this!!
Tomi Kirby - GBR
This is very helpful for me. Appreciate.
Monte Kaufman - DEU
Loria Santana - USA
I bookmarked the website and downloaded the document
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job