SharePoint Administrator Job Description
How do I write a SharePoint Administrator Job Description? Download this SharePoint Administrator Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling IT Admin Support job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a SharePoint Administrator job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a SharePoint Administrator?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Installing the SharePoint platform, integrating applications, and creating libraries.
- Adding users, controlling access to document libraries, and setting permissions.
- Performing maintenance of the SharePoint platform, servers, and intranet.
- Troubleshooting and resolving SharePoint issues or malfunctions.
- Providing SharePoint support and end-user training.
- Performing data retrieval and backup procedures to prevent data loss.
- Ensuring sufficient storage space by performing clean-ups and archiving data.
- Reviewing usage and activity reports and making adjustments to ensure optimized user-experiences.
- Maintaining network infrastructure, as well as managing encryption, security zones, and firewalls.
- Keeping up to date with SharePoint developments and performing version updates and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience as a SharePoint administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as SQL Server, Power BI, PowerShell, and Office 365.
- Knowledge of SharePoint tools, including ULS Logs, workflows, and SharePoint forms for tasks.
- Superb collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this SharePoint Administrator job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This SharePoint Administrator Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Dante Stuart - AUS
Perfect template, not much work for me left to do
Chas Mejia - USA
I normally do not leave reviews, but I am so happy!
Octavia Mendoza - USA
Great content, professional and easy to customize for my work
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?