Structural Engineer Job Description
How do I write a Structural Engineer Job Description? Download this Structural Engineer Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling engineering job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Structural Engineer job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Structural Engineer?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer-aided design technology for simulation purposes.
- Degree in civil or structural engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a structural engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of structural engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Structural Engineer job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Structural Engineer Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Juliette Callahan - NZL
Isabelle Rich - GBR