An effective and compelling property accounting job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a property accountant job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What does a Property Accountant do?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Property Accountant?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year‐end financial statements/reporting packages .
- Perform a wide variety of accounting analyses.
- Analyze various transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment .
- Prepare journal entries and maintain the general ledger.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements to the general ledger.
- Record and process accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process cash receipts and prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare common area maintenance and real estate tax reconciliations.
- Monitor daily cash balances.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Assist management with special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Potential candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Accounting) and at least two years of general accounting experience. Experience in real estate property accounting is preferred. In addition, the candidate should have excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel experience with MRI or other real estate accounting software is a plus.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Property Accountant job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Property Accountant Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Leanne Reilly - AUS
You have really helped me so much,, I have now enough food for thought.
Eda Daniel - GBR
Thank you for the template