Residential Real Estate Appraiser Job Description
How do I write a Residential Real Estate Appraiser Job Description? Download this Residential Real Estate Appraiser Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Real Estate appraiser job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Residential Real Estate Appraiser job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Residential Real Estate Appraiser?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Perform detailed inspections on property to determine value, factoring in dates, quality, and age of property.
- Inspect for faulty plumbing, windows, and cracked or sagging foundation.
- Check roofs for leaks and sustainability.
- Use data such as incorporating cost, market and income approaches to property valuation.
- Produce written appraisals for clients, government agencies, or companies
- Compile research in detailed reports
- Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and its actual state.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem coherently and provide precautionary advice before a purchase
- Work on a client-to-client basis, making appraisals for a variety of reasons.
- Examine additions to house or building to determine updated value.
- Recommend repairs and estimate the cost of repairs.
- The minimum requirement to become an residential real estate appraiser is a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as finance or economics as well as previous experience in a similar field.
- However, the requirements to become an appraiser do vary by state, so it’s worth checking with the state licensing board for specific requirements.
- Some states have no formal licensing requirements, and candidates may qualify with just a high school diploma.
- The Appraisal Foundation offers information on appraisal licensing.
- Employers generally require candidates to take a basic appraisal course, complete on-the-job training, or work enough hours to meet the necessary requirements to gain certification..
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Residential Real Estate Appraiser job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Residential Real Estate Appraiser Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Katheryn Harrison - NZL
Thank you for this!!
Johnsie Duke - DEU