How to make the layout of a newspaper? Just download this ready-made newspaper template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you’re good to go.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
How to make the layout of a newspaper?When you need a newspaper layout, that can be for several reasons. You might make your own local marketing style newspaper to inform your customers about the Tips for how to write a newspaper in MS Word or Google Docs:
- The first step when creating a newsworthy story is accumulating the information you need, which may mean visiting the location where the story occurs, interviewing witnesses and individuals involved, and conducting additional research online.
- An angle is what makes a news story newsworthy, it is what gives it its theme and focus. It will be different from a hard-hitting political piece to writing a human interest story. The first paragraph of a news story reveals its angle. Start with a paragraph, page, or chapter that presents your story's angle.
- It is important to have a great opening for every story. This opening sentence or paragraph of a news article, summarizing the most important aspects of the story, is also called a 'Lede' and referred to as an opening in news writing.
- The five W's of the opening paragraph provide essential information about the story: who, what, when, where and why.
- Using what is known as the inverted pyramid structure, a good newspaper presents information in order of importance. The most important information, the Lede, is at the top of the paper.
- An interview with a person involved in a story is usually included in a good newspaper. As a result, the reporter can see things from different perspectives, akin to a short story or novel from an outsider's viewpoint.
- The journalist uses short sentences to convey his or her message. It is common for news writers to use the active voice over the passive voice in their writing.
- Journalists must gather information from multiple sources in order to tell true stories. It is important for reporters to verify the accuracy of the information they receive from their sources.
- Before a story goes to print, it passes from writers to editors in a fast-paced environment. It is important for all writers to spell-check their work and edit it for clarity and content.
What are the 5 main parts of a newspaper article?
- In news articles, the headline is the article's title:A headline should be short, without a lot of detail, and should grab the reader's attention. It usually summarizes the main idea of the article and is not a complete sentence.
- An article's byline indicates who wrote it: As well as the author's address, it might include the publication or news source for which the author writes.
- Locations are usually bolded at the beginning of articles: A well-known city or location can be written simply with its name, but a lesser-known city needs more information.
- 5W's: An introduction to the article starts with the lead paragraph that answers the following questions: who, what, when, why, where, and, why, It is here that you will find the skeleton of the story.
- Following the lead are supporting paragraphs: Using explanations, details, or quotes, they expand upon the ideas introduced by the lead. On subsequent pages of many online magazines, you'll find these paragraphs.
Download this newspaper Word or Google Docs template for free from our website. Make some changes to the document available in Microsoft word format. If you like this letter, please give us a big thumbs up. Your valuable feedback matters a lot to us.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Azalee Sanchez(9/23/2022) - GBR
Thank you for this!!
Evonne Murillo(9/23/2022) - USA
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Firearm Repair Log Template
Equipment Release Form Template
Equipment Maintenance Tracking Template
Equipment Maintenance Log Template
Equipment Lease Agreement Form
Educational Guardianship Form
English Birth Certificate Translation Form
Executive Summary Form
Proposal Form Template for Events
Event Proposal Form Template
Form For Estimating Jobs
Employee Write Up Form Sample
Template for employee self-evaluation
Employee Self-Evaluation Sample
Employee Meeting Sign In Sheet Template
Employee Exit Interview