Receptionist Job Description
How do I write a Receptionist Job Description? Download this Receptionist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Receptionist job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Receptionist?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus. the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Receptionist job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Receptionist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Lamont Goodwin - USA
Keep up the Excellent work, thanks!
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description