Senior System Administrator Job Description
How do I write a Senior System Administrator Job Description? Download this Senior System Administrator Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Admin job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Senior System Administrator job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What is required to be a Senior System Administrator?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Configure internal systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Supervise the Operations team.
- Upgrade the network infrastructure.
- Install servers, devices and firewalls.
- Train new system users and set up their accounts.
- Monitor the performance of servers, software and hardware.
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications.
- Update technical documentation.
- Work experience as a Senior System Administrator.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of system security techniques.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Team management abilities.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Senior System Administrator job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Senior System Administrator Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Dinorah Jenkins - NZL
Tabatha Hays - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description