Chinese New Year Calendar 2022
In the year 2022 the Chinese New Year will last until February 12th which is about 15 days in total and officially starting on 12-02-2022 and ends on 21-01-2023.
.xlsx (0.02 MB)
Especially for those doing online business or international business, it's important to be aware of Chinese new year, for marketing or planning reasons.
How long is the Chinese new year 2022?
If you do business with China, you will have to make sure to anticipate on Chinese new year. This is also commonly known as "Spring Festival" in modern Mainland China. This is the most important traditional festival and is celebrated at the turn of the traditional lunisolar Chinese calendar, which consists of both Gregorian and lunar-solar calendar systems. In general, the Chinese New Year starts anytime between the end of January and mid-February.
In the year 2022, the Chinese New Year is officially starting on Friday, February 12th, 2022 and ends on 21 January 2023. The festive season will last until February 26th which is about 15 days in total. As an official public holiday, Chinese people can get seven days' absence from work, from February 5th to February 28th, but most will celebrate longer.
What animal is celebrated in 2022 according to the Chinese zodiac?
According to the Chinese Zodiac, which is a cycle of 12 different animals, the Chinese year beginning in 2022 is the year of the Tiger (in Chinese: 虎 (hǔ) and more specifically:
Water Tiger year.
Here is an overview for all the animal signs in the Chinese zodiac:
Year Chinese New Year Date Chinese Zodiac Sign
- 2022 - February 1 (Tuesday) Tiger
- 2023 - January 22 (Sunday) Rabbit
- 2024 - February 10 (Saturday) Dragon
- 2025 - January 29 (Wednesday) Snake
- 2026 - February 17 (Tuesday) Horse
- 2027 - February 6 (Saturday) Goat
- 2028 - January 26 (Wednesday) Monkey
- 2029 - February13 (Tuesday) Rooster
- 2030 - February 3 (Sunday) Dog
- 2031 - January 23 (Thursday) Pig
- 2032 - February 11 (Wednesday) Rat
- 2033 - January 31 (Monday) Ox
The Tiger is the third animal symbol in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The years of the Tiger include 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, and so on.
Personality of Tigers:
Personality traits of people born in the year of Tiger: Tigers have a strong-willed personality, brave, competitive, unpredictable, and confident. They are very charming and well-liked by others. Also, they tend to be impetuous, irritable, and overindulgent. If they made a decision, they stick to it and change is difficult. They won't regret things they have chosen and said. They have a drive to always impress people with an image of power and authority, according to Chinese zodiac analysis.
Core Strengths Water Tiger:
- popular amongst family and friends.
The Most Important Dates of Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year's Eve: the day of family reunions;
- Chinese calendar: 除夕 Chúxī /choo-sshee or 'getting-rid-of evening';
- Chinese New Year's Day: the day of (close) family visits and New Year greetings;
- Chinese calendar: 初一 Chūyī or choo-ee or 'first 1'
Check out this Chinese new year calendar Tiger year 2022 and find out all you need to know about this years' Chinese New Year! This printable calendar is macro-free and is easy to use.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Jeffie Gibson - GBR
Thanks, very useful for planning
Mallie Tanner - USA
Great content, good quality..
Alaine Patterson - USA
I wan tto express my thanks
Maryellen Tyler - GBR
Thanks for providing this file
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.