An award certificate is usually given to recognize achievements. It is a simple piece of paper with an awards inscription. These are primarily certificates of achievement; employee, student, or teacher recognition awards; certificates of participation; etc.
How to make an award certificate?
What information should such a certificate actually contain? The awards certificate design is pretty simple in structure. There are seven common wording sections:
- Title (Certificate of Achievement);
- Presentation line (This is awarded to…);
- Recipient (Name);
- From whom;
- Description (Reason for the award);
There are no hard and fast rules for how to word or format an award certificate, but these components are a basic outline.
Beyond the text elements, most informal awards and certificates include a handful of common visual motifs:
- Border: Not every certificate has a frame or border around it, but it's a common component.
- Logo: Some organizations may include a logo or some other image related to the organization or subject of the certificate. For example, a school might include their mascot, a club might use a picture of a golf ball for a golf club award, or a picture of a book for a summer reading program participation certificate.
- Seal: A certificate might have a seal affixed (such as a stick-on gold starburst seal) or have an image of a seal printed directly on the certificate.
- Lines: Some certificates may include blank spaces while others will have lines, like a fill-in-the-blank form where the name, description, date, and signature go (to be either typed or handwritten).
After downloading this sample certificate and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Award certificate. If this isn't the right letter that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Victor Leach - AUS
I share a suggestion: Please continue the good work and make more nice templates!
Jacquiline Mcclain - AUS
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents