How do you use a Turtle Diagram? Have a look at this Turtle Diagram PowerPoint template with instructions and download it directly.
Review Rating Score
.pptx (0.06 MB)
Looking for great tools for visualizing process characteristics or your organization? If you want to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, Clause 4.1 states, “The organization shall identify the processes needed for the QMS and their application throughout the organization and determine the sequence and interaction of these processes.”, a "Turtle Diagram" is very useful.
How do you use a Turtle Diagram?
A Turtle Diagram received its name, because it looks like the body of a turtle, with components as a body, legs, head, and tail. It is often used as a starting point for process analysis and improvement related to business process management (BPM) and it is a useful tool for most organizations with a clear and not too complex structure for visualizing process characteristics. A turtle diagram is a diagram that shows all factors of a process on one page, including:
- documentation and
- KPIs (key performance indicators)
- and activities.
The Turtle Diagram is an easy and understandable way to visualize and meet the requirements to manage numerous linked activities within a organization's process, in order to enable the transformation of inputs and outputs. By placing them in a clear diagram, helps both management and employees better understanding their businss process. By describing a process starts with a "helicopter view" and visualizes a process to assist in their effective execution and improvement. This makes clear all connections with the process. It takes considerably less time to describe the processes with the help of turtle diagrams than with flowchart diagrams. The diagram helps layout the framework in an easy to follow fashion, and can identify gaps in the organization’s structure. When the diagram is laid out, the organization can further develop measures for better efficiency.Therefore, such diagrams are often used to make visual process flow which includes the:
- Process descriptions;
- Investigate Problems: Internal Data Collection;
- Formulation and overview of operational goals in relation to the parent strategic goal.
The following elements can be clarified in this:
- a person who carries out the process;
- necessary instructions and knowledge to carry out the process;
- information needed to carry out the process;
- resources needed to carry out the process;
- the location where the process is carried out;
- "trigger" or trigger that generates the process;
- contribution to achieving the objective of the process;
- the risk that the process generates;
- information that the process generates;
- contribution to the realization of the product of the process;
- output or status of the process.
Due to these characteristics, turtle diagrams are popular process flows in Quality Management Systems, since they are very suitable to visualize the effectiveness of execution and improvement of a process.
If you need more details, check out our fillable turtle diagram that is created in a PowerPoint presentation slide.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
great material, tks!
The site is very informative, user-friendly and interesting...
Moses bagumira (5/30/2022)
easy to find and download
good and thank you
Very good information. keep it up the good effort of sharing the information
Krystle Decker(11/17/2020) - AUS
I share a suggestion: Please continue the good work and make more nice templates!
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Firearm Repair Log Template
Equipment Release Form Template
Equipment Maintenance Tracking Template
Equipment Maintenance Log Template
Equipment Lease Agreement Form
Educational Guardianship Form
English Birth Certificate Translation Form
Executive Summary Form
Proposal Form Template for Events
Event Proposal Form Template
Form For Estimating Jobs
Employee Write Up Form Sample
Template for employee self-evaluation
Employee Self-Evaluation Sample
Employee Meeting Sign In Sheet Template
Employee Exit Interview