Technician Job Description
How to write a Technician Job Description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling general technician job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Technician job description?
This Technical Support Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Technician?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Inspecting, analyzing, and troubleshooting systems and equipment.
- Reading repair manuals and liaising with other professionals.
- Running tests and interpreting results to make effective recommendations.
- Writing up reports, safety regulations, and preventative maintenance plans.
- Sourcing replacement parts.
- Negotiating with suppliers and clients.
- Repairing or replacing faulty equipment.
- Fabricating any components required.
- Providing time and material cost estimates before starting a job.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in your field and attending workshops as required.
- High school diploma.
- A relevant degree, certification, or license may be required.
- Experience as a technician.
- A driver's license.
- Ability to multitask and liaise with professionals in different fields.
- Ability to explain problems simply and clearly.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow health and safety regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Technician job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Technician Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Rita Hopkins - GBR
I will endorse you to my friend
Tawnya Burke - AUS
Lakita Krueger - AUS
Thx for this template
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description