When a donor gives your nonprofit a contribution of money or goods, whether in response to an appeal, online campaign, or just from the goodness of their heart, they’re making an emotional decision. A good thank you letter or email can keep the donor engaged in their positive feelings. It shows them they’re appreciated, their gift matters, and you value their participation in your mission.
How to write a donation thank you letter?
Consider these useful tips for writing a donation thank you letter:
1. Being prompt can lead to more donations: When someone donates to your fundraiser, think of it as the beginning of a conversation. A timely “thank you for donation” letter demonstrates your dedication to the cause and shows gratitude for the help you’ve already received. If you can, send a thank you note for donations within 48 hours of receiving each donation.
2. Be sincere and you will inspire people to give: Instead of simply saying “thank you” to donors, find ways to make your thank you letters come to life. It could be as simple as including an inspirational quote that’s relevant to your fundraiser or offering a brief personal story.
3. Show your supporters how their donations will be used: The most effective messages have a thank you letter donation section, which shows exactly how the donation is benefiting your nonprofit. Show donors that their money is going to good use, no matter how small. Describe what each donation has helped you accomplish, and keep your donors in the loop about future plans.
4. Add a personalized touch: Generic thank you letters can hurt the relationships you’ve developed with your donors. So does writing a general note on social media for everyone. Instead of replicating a sample thank you letter for donations, you found online, use these simple tricks to highlight the value of their support and make them feel like a VIP donor.
5. Reread your letter: To make sure your donor thank you letter is well-received, read it out loud before you send it. Would you want to receive this message? You want your “thank you for your donation” letter to sound casual and friendly, but also thoughtful and free of errors. Spell-check everything you write.
Donation Thank You Letter Sample: Thank you for your generous gift to the Name of the organization. We are thrilled to have your support. Through your donation, we have been able to accomplish our Goal and continue working towards the Purpose of the organization. You truly make a difference for us, and we are extremely grateful! Today your donation is going toward Problem. If you have specific questions about how your gift is being used or our organization as a whole, please do not hesitate to contact Name through the Contact information.
After downloading this sample request letter template and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Donation thank you letter. If this isn't the right letter that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jerold Henson - USA
Ressie Pratt - USA
Good document format!
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents