Principal Job Description
What is the description of a Principal? What are the duties and responsibilities of a principal? Download this Principal Job Description template.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling school principal job description is vital when recruiting the right person for the position. By using a professional school principal job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Principal job description that stand out?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Principal?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Oversee the entire operations of the school.
- Maintain an updated school curriculum reflective of the adopted education system.
- Make decisions on departments and funding options.
- Explore ways to improve the efficiency of education and quality in the school.
- Make necessary decisions to hire and fire teachers and support staff.
- Ensure school policies and regulations are followed at all times.
- Maintain a supportive and healthy learning environment.
- Set a good example for children for positive development.
- Master's degree in education administration required.
- Prior teaching experience followed by experience as a principal preferred.
- State school administrator license required.
- Strong understanding of laws and regulations affecting educational institutions.
- Working knowledge of financial budgeting and facilities management.
- Pass state background check.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong affinity for teaching children and helping them succeed.
- Passionate about the educational system.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this School Principal job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Principal Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jeannetta Mcintyre - AUS
Thank you for this!!
Latia Phelps - GBR
Ida Craig - USA
Thank you for the letter!!
Willow Ruiz - NZL
**** Thanks for the document