Technical Artist Job Description
How to write a Technical Artist job description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Technical Artist job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Technical Artist?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Liaising between heads of programming and design teams.
- Researching and developing technical tools for a project.
- Setting up workflows of art production.
- Supporting artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline.
- Assisting in asset performance and validation.
- Solving complex technical issues during development.
- Deciding on what software and tools are required for game production.
- Developing and maintaining resources and pipelines along with programmers.
- Porting finished art to the game engine.
- Ensuring final art runs to full visual resolution.
- Working within the limits of the game engine, curating file sizes, polygon counts and loading speeds.
- Enforcing standards as outlined by heads of departments.
- Developing tools and software to execute the needs of the game.
- Preparing and designing character systems such as skeletons, cloths, effect emitters and ragdoll collision.
- Optimizing environments and establishing physics barriers.
- Writing custom software specific to the needs of the game which will work with industry standard scripting languages.
- Researching and overseeing the implementation of rendering techniques.
- Developing performance of frame rate and memory.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry.
- 2−3 years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in game industry.
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Technical Artist job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Technical Artist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at this Game Artist Job description or many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Abigail Whitaker - AUS
Lorina Sandoval - NZL
Great materials I found on this page.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process