Work Estimate Template Free
How do you make a spreadsheet estimate? Download this sample Work estimate for free so you can do a rough work estimate of how much the entire job will cost.
.docx (0.02 MB)
Always make sure to prepare a decent work estimate in advance, before accepting the work. It allows you to overthink all the costs, activities (time) involved and it provides an estimate that you can provide to other parties, such as your insurance company, municipality, etc.
How do you make a spreadsheet estimate?
Cost estimation is used to predict the quantity, cost, and price of the resources required to complete a job within the project scope. Cost estimation is done by breaking the scope of the project down into manageable parts and using all information available (previous experience, similar jobs, expertise in the industry) to arrive at a total expected cost. They are used to bid on new business from prospective clients and to inform your job and budget planning process.
A Work Cost Estimation is used to:
- Decide whether the finances for a job or project are enough.
- Create a clear project outline or roadmap with accurate timelines.
- Work out the approach to the project based on budget and resources.
The benefits of Cost Estimation:
- Accurate Planning: Proper cost estimation enables one to plan the subtasks required to complete a task correctly. You can develop a work breakdown structure more efficiently and ensure your project team adheres to the project timelines.
- Increased profit margins: Poor planning and unexpected events make it impossible to finish the job on time and within budget. However, proper estimating helps one account for both expected and unexpected costs, thus protecting profit margins.
- Management of resources: With an insight into the tasks and timelines at hand, this can ensure you have the skills to identify resource gaps, hire people as needed and take on projects with confidence.
- Better reputation: Proper planning helps a builder finish the projects on time and within budget. This fosters stronger relations with the client and wins the builder's repeat business.
As you can see, the structure of your estimate is important, as well as all the relevant components are mentioned, so you can do a rough work estimate of how much the entire job will cost.
After downloading this template and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Cost Estimate template. If this ain't the right budget template that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many forms ranging from budgets to cost estimates. Check Bizzlibrary for more estimate samples and templates that can serve as your guide or reference.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Pasty Dickerson - GBR
The very best of the best document
Louann Lester - USA
Elvis Harrell - AUS
Chanel Aguirre - GBR
Thank you for the Doc!!
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.