Humble request for promotion
How do you write a letter asking for a promotion? Have a look at this sample Humble request for promotion letter and use it to best advantage.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
When you know your value for a company, and you feel it's not sufficiently rewarded, then it's time to ask for a promotion. Your experience and knowledge will make you the perfect candidate for the field you wish to work in and the only thing now is to convince your employer that you're right for the job. A well-written letter can give you the promotion and raise that you deserve and need.
How do you write a letter asking for a promotion?
With this request letter, you explain exactly why you feel that you deserve the promotion. It's best you feel comfortable about asking, and therefore it's best to do proper preparation. Breaking through your comfort zone, when asking for a raise, will be already worth the experience. Even if you don't get the promotion you were seeking, you'll have established your desires and goals with your supervisor, and will be more likely to get that promotion when another opportunity presents itself. There are a handful of typical reasons for asking for a promotion, and might impact your timing:
- Growing costs;
- The value you bring;
- Dissatisfaction due to heavy workload;
- Change of work content due to boredom.
Once you have a better understanding of your own motivation, you can find a tactful way to request your promotion:
- 1. Ask your boss directly. Inquiring this way is informal, and gives you a chance to explain your motives in full and discover new details about the open position.
- 2. Talk with the person leaving, you'll be able to ask more details about the position and what types of challenges come with the responsibility. Also, you may be able to ask him/her to recommend you for the position upon his/her departure.
- 3. Aim higher with your conversations. Speak directly with the CEO if possible. Otherwise, speak with your boss's supervisor or find another member of your department who outranks him/her.
- 4. Make a small but formal presentation that explains why you're the best candidate for the open position.
- 5. Plant a seed, and follow up. Start by casually mentioning that you're interested in a position, either to your supervisor or someone higher up in your organization.
- 6. Start asking for new responsibilities gradually. Instead of asking for a promotion and a sudden onset of new responsibilities to go along with it, try the reverse.
- 7. Come up with a new position. Another strategy to ask for a promotion is to create your own ideal position. Don't be afraid to come up with your own position; the worst they can say is "no."
Example of a direct way of asking for advance payment:
- I would like to bring to your notice that I have been working at your firm for the past year.
- During this time, I have worked earnestly and passionately for achieving the highest profits for our firm.
- My diligence has been awarded previously as I received the employee of the year award in Year.
- My sincerity with my work and organization is evident.
- I have always come up with innovative solutions for any problem encountered in the success of our business.
- Furthermore, I have also completed my MBA degree in Date.
- With all the knowledge, experience, and know-how-of how things work here at Company.
- I request you to kindly raise my income and promote me to the position of Occupation.
For more advice on how to improve yourself as an employee. You'll explain how many years you're worked for the company, what your experience is, and that you're a model employee. Politely point out that this promotion is exactly what you deserve and that you would appreciate the pay raise. Why write the entire letter yourself when you can find a great template online? Have a look at this sample Humble request for promotion letter and use it to your best advantage.
We wish you good luck with your promotion request!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Eleonora Parsons(12/7/2020) - NZL
Thx for this template
Kandice Leblanc(12/7/2020) - USA
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- recommendation for promotion letter for employee
- promotion request letter sample
- promotion request letter subject
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Full Payslip Booklet English
Monthly Personal Expense Report: Track Your Expenses, Manage Your Income, and Plan for the Future
Example Appraisal Letter Template for Compensation and Growth
Salary Declaration Receipt
Free Salary Receipt
Editable Free Pay Check Stub Template Pdf Format
Payroll Separation Notice Template
Simple Salary Calculator - Calculate Your Salary based on Current Work Hours
Salary Receipt Format - Create Customized Receipts for Employer Payments
Salary Deduction Letter Template
Salary Slip Template
Salary reduction letter
Asking for a raise letter
Request for Promotion Template
Employee Salary Letter Template