Organizational Development Job Description
How do I write a Organizational Development Specialist Job Description? Download this Organizational Development Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Organizational Development Specialist Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What do organizational development specialists do?
- Analyzing business structures, procedures, processes, and the utilization of resources.
- Designing and implementing a variety of developmental initiatives, action plans, programs, and training materials.
- Interviewing personnel and facilitating targeted skills development initiatives.
- Consulting with the human resources department to guide the utilization, development, or hiring of personnel.
- Leading business optimization initiatives by conducting individual or group training sessions for personnel.
- Contributing to the restructuring of departments to increase efficiency and align activities with business objectives.
- Optimizing personnel utilization by increasing cross-functionality and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Measuring the impact of interventions on staff performance, efficiency, employee retention, and job satisfaction.
- Advising executives and senior managers and recommending efficient and cost-effective solutions for identified challenges.
- Documenting processes and presenting progress reports to executives and senior managers.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Master's degree in organizational psychology, organizational development, or business administration preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as an organizational development specialist in a related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of skills development and capacity building strategies.
- Advanced proficiency in office and business administration software.
- Exceptional interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- Superb analytical and time-management skills.
By using this Organizational Development Specialist job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Organizational Development Specialist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Stephania Conway - USA
Best file today
Deb Alvarado - GBR
Tia Larson - GBR
I just browsed on the website, find some sublime documents
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description