Class B Driver Job Description
What does a class B driver do? Find out those duties and also download Class B Driver Job Description from here!
.docx (0.02 MB)
A class B driver is a certified person to drive commercial vehicles with a gross weight of more than 26001 lbs and less than 10k pounds from one place to another. They are trained and skilled in towing straight box trucks, trucks, and long passenger busses. They get special training for driving such vehicles and get a license before they can do their job. They don’t need to get any education for this purpose but they take part in driving classes and get a license.
What does a class B driver do?
Below are mentioned the job duties of the class B driver:
- Loading of the vehicle with the goods and unloading of it upon reaching the destination.
- Do the paperwork before their departure and fill out all the necessary information about the luggage and the vehicle.
- Arrange the luggage in the vehicle and make sure it is organized.
- Tie the luggage properly to avoid any kind of falls during the journey.
- They make sure that the route is all clear and they will not face any kind of issue during the journey.
- Collaborate with dispatchers if any change in the delivery route and schedule is needed.
- Meet and collaborate with different companies and sign projects with them to deliver their items in s decided period.
Class B Driver Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
We are seeking a qualified, dependable Class B Truck Driver to join our delivery team. In this role, you will be responsible for loading goods from the warehouse into your truck, transporting the load to the client’s location, and unloading the shipment when you arrive. Our drivers must always drive safely and be professional and courteous when talking with our customers. We prefer candidates who have at least six months of truck driving experience and who know how to perform routine maintenance on trucks, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Map delivery routes to ensure timely deliveries.
- Pick-up loads, organize goods in the truck, and secure packages.
- Ensure the trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit.
- Transport pallet goods and packages from a place of origin to an assigned destination.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.).
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
Download the readymade Class B Driver Job Description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Great driver job description
Marlen Miles - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.