Newspaper Editor Job Description
What does Newspaper Editor do? What skills do you need to be a newspaper editor? Download this Newspaper Editor Job Description template now for your reference
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What does Newspaper Editor do?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills do you need to be a newspaper editor?
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas.
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations.
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences.
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors.
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces.
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters.
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines.
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Proven working experience as an Editor.
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools.
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking.
- Prioritizing and multitasking.
By using this Newspaper Editor job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Newspaper Editor Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Kesha Nolan - DEU
My boss was glad to see my professional document
Rosaline Torres - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description