Office Job Description
How do you write an Office job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an Office Assistant job description?
An Office Clerk / Assistant maintains, coordinates, and organizes clerical tasks and administrative duties. They are responsible for a range of tasks including answering and directing phone calls, disseminating information and correspondence, and maintaining and organizing documents and files. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills do you need to be an Office clerk?
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents, and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking accommodation and reservation needs as required.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- High school diploma or associate’s degree.
- Experience as an office assistant or in a related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver's license.
By using this Office job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Office job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Janean Snyder(12/21/2021) - AUS
Arie Mercer(12/21/2021) - NZL
Very useful file, thanks
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description