Director Of Security Job Description
How do you write a Director Of Security job description that stand out? Download this Director Of Security job description for your convenience.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Director Of Security Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a Director Of Security?
A security director is responsible for making sure your organization’s facilities are safe for employees, vendors, and visitors. This means monitoring various checkpoints using various forms of surveillance equipment to make sure there is no suspicious activity going on anywhere near or on the premises. For instance, a security director might place surveillance cameras at the public locations.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Director Of Security do?
- Oversee physical safety and security of the organization’s facilities/property and people – employees, vendors, contractors, shippers, and visitors.
- Lead a team of security personnel in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that security staff is adequately equipped and trained.
- Develop training plans for security personnel and maintain security training records.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a physical security (security risk management) plan for all facilities.
- Manage and report to top management on security incidents and threats.
- Oversee and report on security checks/surveillance/monitoring.
- Authorize access to facilities and ensure that access is controlled.
- Maintain and review security records; periodically report on trends, anomalies, and concerns.
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, psychology, or other suitable field of study is required, as well as 5+ years of experience in security.
- 1+ years of management experience is preferred. Preference will be given to those who have civilian/military police experience.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to lead a diverse team of security/police personnel. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all levels and backgrounds are essential. Strong organizational and management skills are a must. Knowledge of, experience with physical security systems (hardware and software) a plus.
- ASIS or other similar security organization certifications (e.g., CPP, PSP, LPC) are desirable.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Director Of Security Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Jutta Santiago(12/24/2021) - DEU
Janie Hall(12/24/2021) - AUS
Merri Dickson(12/24/2021) - DEU
I can tell you this document will help you a lot
Rachal Moody(12/24/2021) - AUS
I am happy with the work, will remember Bizzlibrary
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description