A business proposal is a document in writing created by a company and provided to a prospective client for the purpose of securing a business agreement. An effective business proposal informs and persuades efficiently and is built around a great idea or solution. This type of document lets the client know the type of work that will be completed, the timeframe for completion, and the cost of the project.
What is in a Business Proposal?
The best format for your business proposal will depend on the nature of the project and the client. However, there are a few essential components found in effective business proposals which include:
- Proposal Cover Letter or Title Page;
- Executive Summary;
- Company Contact Information;
- The type or category of the book;
- Summary of the project included proposed start and end dates;
- Scope of work;
- Schedule and Compensation including project milestones with associated timelines and rates of pay;
- Negotiated Rates;
- Expanded Scope of Work;
- Confidentiality Agreement;
- Term and Termination;
- Signoff and Acceptance.
Creating a business proposal from the start can be a tedious process and as a business owner your time is precious. Give yourself a headstart with our printable Business Proposal template which can be easily customized to suit your needs. Just download this ready-made Business Proposal template in Google Docs, MS Word format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Tawanda Munoz - USA
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.