Logistics Coordinator Job Description
How do I write a Logistics Coordinator Job Description? Download this Logistics Coordinator Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Logistics Coordinator Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties of a logistics coordinator?
- Overseeing all supply chain operations.
- Organizing and managing inventory, storage, and transportation.
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
- Reviewing, preparing, and routing purchase orders.
- Ensuring the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
- Monitoring shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and retailers.
- Answering customer queries.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in logistics management required.
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
By using this Logistics Coordinator job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Logistics Coordinator Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Stefany Walsh - GBR
Rubie Randall - GBR
Cathy Pollard - DEU
Grateful and many thanks.