An Intern is a person who works for an organization for a limited/temporary time. Sometimes, they are paid while some companies just provide fresher's a chance to gain experience without any stipend. People majorly opt for internships to gain experience and learn some skills. Here is provided a brief description of the civil engineering intern’s job description, and also some information of his/her duties.
What does an Engineering intern do?
Interns are temporary workers providing value work to an organization to gain experience. Here are mentioned the responsibility of civil engineering interns:
- Get to know the organization’s rules, and make themselves familiar with them
- Oversee the ongoing processes to understand the workflow
- Answer the phone calls, and direct them to the recipients
- Take memos, maintain work records, and files
- Stores the data, and performs quality analysis
- Develops and masters the required soft and hard skills
Above are mentioned some responsibilities and duties of civil engineering interns, let's move towards the sample job description.
Civil Engineering Internship description:
Here find attached a sample Civil Engineering Intern job description our experts have written for your help and needs, which you may download as well. A small portion of it is written here for you to have a vague idea of the complete word file.
Civil engineers deal with the construction and maintenance of infrastructure, like buildings, roadways, real estate, and dams. With the increasing demand for new infrastructures, with the growing world population, civil engineers are always in demand. They are responsible for the safety of the building, as well as the efficiency of the construction cost.
Assist in the planning and budgeting stage of projects. Support in the drawing of framework and instructions, based on the construction plan. Coordinate the material needed for the projects by helping with the purchases, deliveries, and monitoring of available materials. Prepare the documentation for the progress of ongoing projects.
- Engineering Design and Projects.
- Handle day-to-day engineering-related enquires.
- Undertake engineering investigations, designs, and works projects.
- Utilize computer software systems (Civil CAD, Auto CAD, GIS, and other software) to prepare engineering designs.
- Liaise, when required, with RMS, contractors, Council staff, the community, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Delivery of survey applicable to undertake design and construct of projects.
- Apply adopted standards, legislation, and sound engineering practice to all facets of engineering works undertaken by the department.
- Provide assistance with project management of selected projects, including monitoring of quality assurance, financial reporting, timeframes, and asset management components.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mona Hanna - GBR
Very good file, I will check your website more often
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.