Material Handler Job Description
How do I write a Material Handler Job Description? Download this Material Handler Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective logistics job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Material Handler Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using cargo boards and pallets.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Record the number of units handled and moved every day using production sheets.
- Operate various machinery including booms, cameras, cranes, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on clients' orders and pull the appropriate products for each order.
- Track supply levels and regularly submit purchasing recommendations.
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage.
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Availability to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
By using this Material Handler job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Material Handler Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mavis Peters - NZL
This is usefule, thanks
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.