SQL Server DBA Job Description
How do you write a SQL Server DBA job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a SQL Server DBA job description?
A SQL Server Database Administrator implements, configures, and maintains SQL database servers and processes. Their duties include developing SQL applications, creating and testing code, and applying data modelling techniques. They are also responsible for ensuring the protection of the data and monitoring system health and performance levels. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
By using this SQL Server DBA job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made SQL Server DBA job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Further, check out this file if you like to know how to prepare for SQL Server DBA interview.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kandra Mullins - GBR
Florentino Rojas - GBR
I shared this file with friends and bookmarked your site