Financial Secretary Job Description
How do you write a Financial Secretary job description? What are the aims and objective of financial secretary? Download Financial Secretary job description
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Financial Secretary job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Financial Secretary Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What is the role of a Financial Secretary?
A Financial Secretary receives and records the gifts of members and other givers and supervises the counting and deposit of all offerings. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What are the aims and objective of Financial Secretary?
- Ensuring proper procedures are in place, understood and followed for the duties of the position.
- Recruiting, training and overseeing counters for offerings (tellers). Ensuring that teams of at least two
- unrelated people count each offering and that each teller’s service is rotated throughout the year and among teams.
- Ensuring that tellers prepare and submit a report of receipts with documentation.
- Ensuring that receipts are kept in a safe until deposited and that deposits are made safely and as soon after receipt as practical.
- Assisting givers with establishing electronic giving authorizations.
- Performing control and balancing procedures in an automated system, including electronic receipts and givers’ records.
- Advising the pastor of significant giving changes of individuals as a possible pastoral care concern.
- Providing pledge and giving history to the stewardship committee (in the level of detail permitted by your church practice or policy) to assist with the stewardship campaign.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures.
- Trustworthiness; honesty.
- Enjoys working with numbers.
- Attention to detail; accuracy.
- Commitment to the church and its mission.
- Ability to work with the financial team.
- Ability to attract and support volunteers.
- A positive image of the task.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Doretta Flynn - GBR
Jessika Werner - USA
Jeannine Kidd - GBR
Thank you for this example document