Bartender Job Description
What is the role of a bartender? How do you describe bartending on a resume? Find out and download Bartender Job Description right now!
.docx (0.02 MB)
The bartender is a person who works at bars and serves different types of drinks to customers. He has a specific level of education and works according to the instructions of the bar. There are many alternate names of bartenders throughout the world, they are given different titles. Their alternate names include mixologist, bar chief, alcohol server, and barkeeper.
What is the role of a bartender?
Below are mentioned job duties of a bartender:
- Receiving the customers and guests in the bars and helping them have an appropriate seat of their choice.
- Asking the customers about their choice of drink, whether they want an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink.
- Preparation, mixing, and garnishing of the drinks according to bar standards and instructions.
- Assisting the customers and guests to select the items from the menu, take orders from them, and make them feel cared for and comfortable.
- Providing a friendly and cooperative service to customers, guests, and people at the bar
- Cleaning and maintaining the ambiance of the bar.
- Keeping the stock of the bar always full.
- Maintenance of standards of the bar and adhering to it.
- Update the recipes and formulations of the drinks.
- Taking care of the choice of customers and providing them outstanding service that will make them come to the bar again
- Attract the customers to the bar by providing excellent service.
- Behave very politely to the customers and guests.
Bartender Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate, and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.
Download the sample Bartender Job Description in MS Word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Lavinia Monroe - DEU
Very good writing
Abby Murphy - NZL
Sublime website and letter
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description