Freelance Proofreader Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Proofreader? What are proofreading responsibilities and skills? Download this job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Freelance Proofreader job description?
The role of a Freelance Proofreader is to meticulously review content to detect any spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. They pay excellent attention to detail and possess strong grammatical and spelling skills. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are proofreading responsibilities and skills?
- Review documents for grammar, spelling, and style.
- Fact-check dates and other statements for accuracy.
- Confirm all submitted writing is original.
- Ensure text meets tone and character count outlined by company policies.
- Make corrections and suggest edits to the document.
- Meet proofreading deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant experience.
- Familiarity with AP and other style guides.
- Fact-checking and research expertise.
- Excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office.
By using this Freelance Proofreader job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Proofreader job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Ollie Hawkins - USA
I didn't know how to start, now I make a lot of progress thanks to this file
Savannah Fernandez - USA
Thank you kindly.
Alex Scott - NZL
Very useful, with thanks.