Cost Engineer Job Description
How do you write a Cost Engineer job description that stand out? Download this Cost Engineer job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
How do you write a job description for a Cost Engineer?
We are seeking a minimum two year commitment from an exceptional early career Cost Engineer to lead the overall vehicle cost management process for a new vehicle that will form the basis of our main product offering into the African market – a truly unique opportunity to create impact on a global scale. The role will require a close working relationship with the venture’s CEO, Supply Chain Associate, Design Engineer, and Automotive Designer. Specific duties include, but are not limited to.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Cost Engineer do?
- Provide guidance to the Automotive Designer and Design Engineer for proposed new or
- modified designs to achieve required function at minimum cost.
- Develop cost estimates and projections for multiple vehicle commodities on Exterior And Interior; including Power Train, Chassis and Electrical. Utilize information ranging from written assumptions, sample parts, CAD models and engineering drawings.
- Maintain feasibility of engineering approach for low volume production tooling and limited in-country resources. For example, steel stamping presses will not be available at initial production.
- Utilize in-country equipment and materials and adapt approach to the low-tech resources available.
- Gather details and compile data to estimate all production costs considering raw materials, labour, equipment, tooling, for estimations.
- Maintain all tooling and product cost information to assure the timely availability of data required for decision-making and to ensure conformity with budget directives.
- Liaise with manufacturing plants and suppliers to assure most economical tooling, processing and operations that will contribute to profitable production.
- Undertake competitive vehicle bench-marking to provide input for future model development.
- Perform Value Add / Value Engineering. Generate cost reduction ideas through identification of process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs.
- Work with all stakeholders to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Support Supply Chain Associate in specific sourcing work involving critical costs and engineering considerations; including analysis and trade-offs of functionality versus cost.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Systems
- Engineering, Engineering Management or similar.
- 1-2 years of automotive-related experience.
- Ability to read and understand design and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to evaluate and provide cost data on components in their commodity including direct
- material, direct labour and tooling costs.
- Practical knowledge of VE and VA techniques and strong financial awareness.
- High level of design awareness.
- Ability to navigate CAD models in CATIA.
- Passion for prototype development and a pragmatic attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.This Cost Engineer Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Ronni Velazquez - USA
Allene Daugherty - USA
The site helps me a lot these days.
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job