Physical Therapist Job Description
How do I write a Physical Therapist Job Description? Download this Physical Therapist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable Physical Therapist job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample Physical Therapist job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Physical Therapist Job Description?
This sample Physical Therapist job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties of physical therapist?
- Consulting with patients to learn about their physical condition.
- Assessing and interpreting patient evaluations and test results.
- Developing treatment plans using a variety of treatment techniques.
- Creating personalized fitness-oriented health care programs for patients.
- Administering medically prescribed physical therapy treatments to relieve pain and improve mobility.
- Advising patients on exercise techniques.
- Advising patients and their families about in-home treatment options.
- Providing educational information about injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote physical health.
- Consulting and collaborating with other healthcare professionals.
- Documenting patient care history.
- Complying with rules, regulations, and procedures.
- A master degree in physical therapy from an accredited educational institution.
- Passed the National Physical Therapist Examination (NPTE).
- Compliant with state regulatory requirements.
- A valid license to practice physical therapy.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Compassionate and attentive to detail.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to manage patients with different personalities.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence at a professional level.
- Ability to use a computer and software proficiently.
- Drive to continually learn new treatment techniques.
- Completion of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)-accredited residency program.
By using this Physical Therapist job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Physical Therapist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Loretta Ritter - NZL
Exactly what I was looking for, helpful document for my issue
Temeka Stanley - AUS
Devon Macias - DEU
Great details, thanks for providing this document
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.