Humble request for promotion
When you know your value for a company, and you feel it's not sufficiently rewarded, then it's time to ask for a promotion. Your experience and knowledge will make you the perfect candidate for the field you wish to work in and the only thing now is to convince your employer that you're right for the job. A well-written letter can give you the promotion and raise that you deserve and need.
How do you write a letter asking for a promotion?
With this request letter, you explain exactly why you feel that you deserve the promotion. It's best you feel comfortable about asking, and therefore it's best to do proper preparation. Breaking through your comfort zone, when asking for a raise, will be already worth the experience. Even if you don't get the promotion you were seeking, you'll have established your desires and goals with your supervisor, and will be more likely to get that promotion when another opportunity presents itself. There are a handful of typical reasons for asking for a promotion, and might impact your timing:
- Growing costs;
- The value you bring;
- Dissatisfaction due to heavy workload;
- Change of work content due to boredom.
Once you have a better understanding of your own motivation, you can find a tactful way to request your promotion:
- 1. Ask your boss directly. Inquiring this way is informal, and gives you a chance to explain your motives in full and discover new details about the open position.
- 2. Talk with the person leaving, you'll be able to ask more details about the position and what types of challenges come with the responsibility. Also, you may be able to ask him/her to recommend you for the position upon his/her departure.
- 3. Aim higher with your conversations. Speak directly with the CEO if possible. Otherwise, speak with your boss's supervisor or find another member of your department who outranks him/her.
- 4. Make a small but formal presentation that explains why you're the best candidate for the open position.
- 5. Plant a seed, and follow up. Start by casually mentioning that you're interested in a position, either to your supervisor or someone higher up in your organization.
- 6. Start asking for new responsibilities gradually. Instead of asking for a promotion and a sudden onset of new responsibilities to go along with it, try the reverse.
- 7. Come up with a new position. Another strategy to ask for a promotion is to create your own ideal position. Don't be afraid to come up with your own position; the worst they can say is "no."
Example of a direct way of asking for advance payment:
- I would like to bring to your notice that I have been working at your firm for the past year.
- During this time, I have worked earnestly and passionately for achieving the highest profits for our firm.
- My diligence has been awarded previously as I received the employee of the year award in Year.
- My sincerity with my work and organization is evident.
- I have always come up with innovative solutions for any problem encountered in the success of our business.
- Furthermore, I have also completed my MBA degree in Date.
- With all the knowledge, experience, and know-how-of how things work here at Company.
- I request you to kindly raise my income and promote me to the position of Occupation.
For more advice on how to improve yourself as an employee. You'll explain how many years you're worked for the company, what your experience is, and that you're a model employee. Politely point out that this promotion is exactly what you deserve and that you would appreciate the pay raise. Why write the entire letter yourself when you can find a great template online? Have a look at this sample Humble request for promotion letter and use it to your best advantage.
We wish you good luck with your promotion request!
The Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on our Site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kandice Leblanc - USA
Eleonora Parsons - NZL
Thx for this template
- File type
- File size
- 0.01 MB
- File language
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.