Security Auditor Job Description
How do you write a Security Auditor job description that stand out? Download this Security Auditor job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.01 MB)
An effective IT Security Auditor job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Security Auditor Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What is a good job description for an IT Security Auditor?
Our growing company is seeking for a security auditor on contract basis for one year which will be the examining time for the candidate through which he can proof his/her work pace. Based on this tenure, he will be awarded with permanent job with increment in his/her salary. Security auditors plan and carry out audits in accordance with corporate policy and regulatory laws.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does an IT Security Auditor do?
- Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk, and develop remediation strategies.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Participate in the change management process.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities, and create counteractive strategies to protect the network.
- Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
- Review, evaluate, and test application controls.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes.
Qualifications and skills:
- A bachelor's or associate degree in computer science, cyber security, or a related subject.
- Advanced training certificates may be beneficial.
- A thorough awareness of technology, networking, and security devices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teaching abilities.
- Analytic, critical reasoning, and real concern abilities are required.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Security Auditor Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Chantay Winters - GBR
I'm so thankful for everything you created.
Evelyne Lawrence - NZL
Respect for this website and their work
Isiah Willis - AUS
Was able to deliver results quick
Katherin Christensen - NZL