Frayer model template
How do you use a Frayer model? When looking for a Frayer model template you can always download and use this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
The Frayer Model is a graphic organizer used to help students dissect and better understand complex vocabulary terms. The Frayer model asks students to write a definition, important characteristics, examples, and non-examples of a single word.
How do you use a Frayer model?
This instructional strategy promotes critical thinking and helps students to identify and understand unfamiliar vocabulary. The Frayer Model can be used with the entire class, small groups, or for individual work. The Frayer Model draws on a student's prior knowledge to build connections among new concepts and creates a visual reference by which students learn to compare attributes and examples.
The model comprises 4 boxes:
- Definition: defining the concept, word, or term;
- Facts: describing its essential characteristics. When I was creating my examples, I found it difficult to differentiate between Definitions and Facts;
- However, Facts are sometimes shown as Characteristics, which I think makes the difference clearer;
- Examples: providing examples of the concept or word;
- Non-examples: knowing what a concept or word doesn't help to define what it is. This box is sometimes shown as Common Errors or Misconceptions, which are sometimes more suitable.
- It can be used as a word wall;
- Students can keep a copy in their binders to create their own glossary;
- Students can work in small groups to create models and report back to the whole class.
After downloading this sample template and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Frayer model template. If this isn't the right letter that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Yahaira Hart - AUS
Thank you for this work
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.