Office Manager Job Description
How do you write a job description for an Office Manager? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Office & Administration job description is essential when recruiting new admins, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an Office Manager job description?
An Office Manager plays an essential role in ensuring the daily operations of the business run smoothly. They oversee, coordinate, and organize general office and administrative duties. Their duties include scheduling meetings, greeting visitors and clients, supervising office staff, and monitoring inventory and office supplies. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Overseeing general office operation.
- Greeting visitors, answering a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivering world-class service to our customers.
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules.
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in office administration
- Office management experience.
- Excellent computer skills,
- including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
By using this Office Manager job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Office Manager job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kaycee Wolf - NZL
Many many thanks.
Michiko Leonard - NZL