A welcome speech is a speech made by the host of some program at the start of the ceremony to welcome someone to a company. This welcome speech is made to welcome the guests and show warmth and gratitude. It is also made to pay regards to those guests who came to the event especially by taking their precious time out of their lives. A welcome speech is considered an important statement that determines the goals of the event along with providing a warm welcome to the guests.
How do you start a welcome speech?
It is a ritual to start the speech by welcoming the guests before introducing them to the purpose of the event. The welcome speech is often ended when you introduce the next speaker of the ceremony after you have discussed the goals of the event and paying tribute to the guests for their valuable time. There are some guidelines that you must follow when making a welcome speech at the event:
- Start by saying “good morning” and praising the guests for their valuable time
- Welcome and acknowledge the special guests
- Welcome the remaining guests as well and then state the name of the event
- Pay regards to the event host for arranging such a wonderful event
- Give a precise introduction about the host
- Introduce the audience to the event being hosted by the host
- State the purpose of the event and the resultant expectations from the guests and the event itself
- Introduce the next speaker of the welcome ceremony
- Make everyone feel at home and anticipate them for coming to the event
These are some necessary steps required for you to follow when making a welcome speech. It is recommended that you follow these steps with keen care and change the tone of speech depending upon the type of event. If the event lies in the fun category, then opting for a lenient and fun behavior would be a plus for you. And if the event is highly professional and business-related then choosing a professional and formal tone would be a good idea to show your seriousness and interest in the event.
Sample Welcome speech for a training session:
To provide you an idea of what we are guiding you, we are providing you a Welcome speech for a training session. Some portion of the sample speech is attached herewith:
(Good Morning) Members,
Thank you all for coming and joining us here today. We are pleased to be able to welcome those of you that have been with us for some time now as well as those of you who are new to our (group/community/association etc.). Today marks our (5th) (annual) group meeting and we are very proud to be able to host it today here at (location) with all of you. Just before we get started, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who so generously helped us make this event come together smoothly, (names of individuals you wish to thank here) we couldn't have done it without you! In today's gathering, I would like to focus on all our new volunteers who have joined us since ....
If you think that this speech could be helpful for you and if it fits directly to your needs. Then you are free to download the Welcome speech for the training session in the form of a word document. There are several welcome speeches posted on our website. Head to the other pages to get some useful content.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Trash doc and bad web format did not find what i was looking for
Niesha Michael - DEU
THANKS, extremely useful letter.
Milan Logan - USA
Thank you for this file
Keva Sosa - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.