Freelance Producer Job Description
How do you write a freelance Producer job description? What does a freelance Producer do? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Freelance Producer Job Description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Freelance Producer job description?
A Freelance Producer assists in projects involved in creating content for television shows, films, commercials, and videos. Their duties include working closely with clients and creative teams, sourcing talent and vendors, developing production plans, and overseeing project production. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Freelance Producer do?
- Updating project status’ to the Director of Production on a daily basis.
- Creative development decks, write-ups, and pitches for presentation to clients.
- Intercepting and executing client feedback on all deliverables.
- Working closely with the GN Production Manager to determine budgets and schedules, and to communicate those things to sales/clients.
- Supervising the post production and QC of all deliveries.
- Receiving and incorporating client assets into custom content.
- Giving creative feedback to editors/animators/mixers/designers based on concept creative, budget, timeline, and client and internal brand objectives.
- Communicating needs to producers on the ground/at shoots, if live shooting is required.
- Working as a project manager and GN creative liaison with third party animation and production companies that we may or may not use from project to project.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in audio and video editing skills.
- Demonstrate experience in podcast creation experiences. Links of produced content will be asked.
- Extremely proficient in any of the following audio editing software Audacity, Logic Pro, Sound Forge, Cubase, Steinberg Cubase, Reaper, Acoustica 9, Ableton Live, Avid Pro Tools, Adobe Audition
- Extremely detail-oriented, focused on quality podcast through professional execution.
- Positive attitude and a team player with the ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication and effective communicator.
By using this Freelance Producer job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Producer job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Kiyoko Fleming(3/10/2023) - NZL
A very useful letter, we will use it in our department from now on.
Gayla Fischer(3/10/2023) - NZL
Thanks for helping me with such a useful document
Ronnie Higgins(12/29/2021) - NZL
Tamekia Thomas(12/29/2021) - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description
Commercial Photographer Job Description