Desk Support Job Description
How do you write a Desk Support job description that stand out? Download this Desk Support job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective support desk job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Desk Support Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a Desk Support?
We are looking for a competent Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
- Responding to queries via chat, email, or phone.
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware.
- Providing technical assistance for questions and problems.
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems.
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues.
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Requesting feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve training methods.
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems.
- Installing or changing software to fix issues.
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems.
- Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems, Familiarity with both PC and Mac Hardware and Software, Experience with Network Repairs and Analysis.
- Good Customer Service Skills, Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience.
- Writing and Editing Skills to aid in writing and updating manuals, Education in Computer Repairs and how to Troubleshoot Problems (some jobs may require a degree from a university or technical school).
- Specific Knowledge of other required Computer Systems for different work environments.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.This Desk support Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Delilah Newman - NZL
Janetta Wallace - USA
Thank you for the document file
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process